Some people believe that to find happiness, you should live each day of your life as if it’s your last because that way you will appreciate every single moment you have. Other people believe that you should live each day as if it’s your first because then every day can be the beginning of a new journey.
― Ellen DeGeneres
I agree with both of them. The most important thing is to not be afraid to start living. I mean, to find the courage to pursue your own dreams. Because, as once said Dalai Lama XIV, Happiness is not something ready made – it comes from your own actions. Therefore you have to stop waiting for that special time and start to make changes right now. Why I’m telling you this? Because I already tried it. And it was not so easy as it probably sounds to you.
Fighting for your dreams means many rises and falls, persistence and derision, when everyone calls you a dreamer or even worse – loser, who will never reach anything. You have to be really strong and firmly believe in what you are doing, otherwise the spiteful crowd will tread you down.
In spite of all my fears and many critics I ventured to pursue my biggest dream and 2014 was the year of changes:
- I became an assistant director of the Fashion House.
- I was in a beautiful Paris Fashion Week, after that I realized that my life is the same as the movie The Devil Wears Prada and I don’t like it anymore.
- I finally started to write a blog in English (it was real challenge for me, because my first language was German) about the strongest passions of my life – the ocean, travels and fashion.
- I met lots of new people from all over the world.
- I made one of the most important decisions in my life and quit my job in the Fashion House, despite the fact it was almost Christmas.
- I started to eat healthier and to exercise over an hour every day. And I’m very glad to say that this lasts already for three months.
- And probably the best part of last year – I bought tickets to Fiji island (more than 15 thousand kilometers away from Lithuania, where I live) and started to plan my own small and cozy bohemian wedding on the beach! You have no idea, how incredible it sounds to me.
Although this is only the beginning of my new life and I still have many fears, I’m satisfied. My blog was viewed about 3,200 times from July and visitors came from 72 countries in all! This is a huge motivation for me to move on and to show that dreams are worth fighting for.
I want to thank you so much for your support. Each of you is very important for me. I wish you all the most successful year and hope you will let me take you away to the beautiful magical journeys across the deep blue oceans and wavy seas.